Fastest Serve Competition
The fastest serve competition could become an annual fixture in future years as there was some intense competition – eventually won by the rain! Ringo triumphed in the men’s event with Max Ridings close behind. We thought we were going to have an ‘Ingle’ double until Amelia came to spoil the party with a late winning score.
Thanks to all the adults who came to support this event – and we hope that the sun will shine on us next year to see if anyone can beat Ringo’s current record.
Winners were as follows:
- Men – Winner – Richard Ingle 143kph; Runner up – Max Ridings 141kph
- Ladies – Winner – Amelia Potter – 104kph; Runner up – Sarah Ingle – 102kph
- Under 18 Boys – Winner - Max Ridings – 141kph; Runner up - Max Green – 122kph
- Under 18 Girls - Winner – Julie Durville – 63kph
- Under 13 Boys - Winner – Toby Jackson – 105kph; Runner up – Ivan Marr – 81 kph
- Under 13 Girls - Winner – Ashley Baglin – 83kph
And this competition contributed to the £854 we raised at the end of season junior event - all money going towards the courts development fund
Thanks for all your support - and if you would like to donate to the tennis courts fund - see the attached donation leaflet - £54k required to reach our target!
Ruth Samuels - Junior Tennis Chairman / Courts Project Lead