The new system will follow the same weekly processes as before;
- As a player (or parent of) when your team manager or captain requests your availability for a given fixture, you will receive an email requesting your response. Some players may also optionally receive an SMS message.
- You will simply click either the YES or NO link in the email. This immediately updates your availability, your mgr/capt gets an email confirming your response, and you are automatically taken to the club website, to a page confirming your response (fig 2). On this page you add a comment to your mgr/capt e.g. “travelling directly to ground”.
- Please note - your login username is your firstname.lastname. If you don't know your password, please hit the "forgot password" link and an email will be sent to the email address the club has on the membership database.
- Once the captain has gathered all the availability, they will send a further email/SMS confirming selection and other details.
- In future, you will also be able to maintain your own availability for future fixtures by clicking the “My Availability” button which takes you to the “My Availability” page.
- If for a given period, you know you’re not going to be able to access email, you can switch on SMS messaging. Note: There is cost to your club per message to use the SMS service, so please use sparingly and only when necessary!
The full ASM User Guide can be read here