Your Committee would like to update you about the Club’s position following the Prime Minister’s advice earlier this week to avoid “pubs, clubs, theatres and social events” and to “reduce non-essential contact and travel”.
The Club has assessed the risks and considered how best to manage the current situation and will continue to do so and consider additional measures, as the situation changes.
In the first instance, our thoughts are with those who are currently in self-isolation or supporting others. We strongly encourage you to follow the Government’s health advice and check the Club Website for additional information.
Although all team matches across the Club have been suspended, we are conscious that members are relying upon the Club to remain open, so we intend to retain the clubhouses open as long as we are able, although the scale of facilities is subject to change and reduction at short notice as the situation develops.
For the clubhouse to remain open, we have taken the following measures:
- In order to increase ‘social distancing’ in the clubhouse, members are requested not to congregate around the bar when ordering drinks and food.
TABLE SERVICE - will be in operation for your convenience so there is no need to approach the Bar.
- We have postponed or cancelled all large gatherings in the clubhouses and all Club events until further notice.
- Members are reminded of the importance of following Public Health guidance on maintaining hygiene at all times.
- We are currently keeping open all sports facilities.
- We have cancelled pre-arranged catering for Club activities.
- We will be offering the choice to pay contactless for any amount to avoid cash handling.
- We are introducing a menu for members to Take Away ready cooked meals.
As for our staff, we are providing all necessary support to enable them to self-isolate or support others. It is our intent to continue to support them throughout the pandemic as best as we are able. Meanwhile, we will minimise the risk to staff and club officials by enabling them to work and attend meetings remotely, where possible.
Please continue to check your club website for updates.
With best wishes – and stay healthy