We are starting to raise funds to replace the carpet on courts 9-12 and the old metal halide lights on courts 9, 11 and 13 with LED lights.
Help us to raise funds in the following ways - which are at no cost to you:
1 - Sign up to Easyfundraising
- Each time you make a purchase from one of the 4300 participating companies, a donation is made to our project
- If each tennis member signed up to support our project, we could raise a major contribution to our project..... especially in the run-up to Christmas
- You don't have to go through another web site - just shop as you normally would
- Click on this link and click on the pink button 'Support this Cause' to register for Easyfundraising
o Choose a method of logging in - via Apple, Facebook or email......
o And then ensure you click on the 'Donation Reminder':
And then shop in the normal way........
Here is a more detailed guide to the Easy fundraising registration process........if you haven't managed to follow the instructions above
2 - Recycle Tennis Balls
- Every ball put in the recycling bin is worth 30p to the club
- If each member recycled just 12 balls a year - we would recycle over 8000 balls and raise £2500 per year towards our fundraising target
- So during lockdown, please find all your old tennis balls and once we are open again, put all your old dry balls in the green recycling bins on courts 1, 4 and 9
And this is what we are raising money for.......
When the sun goes down..... we switch on the lights.....
But some are better than others.........
Court 4..... Court 13......
So along with replacing the old carpets, we plan to replace the lighting as well.....
- Project budget - £50k
- LED lights similar to those installed on courts 1, 2, 4, 5 and 14
- Half the running costs of current metal halide lights
- Minimal maintenance costs as each LED panel has ~50,000 hour life
- Our existing lights have served us well but are ageing.....
- The cost of the carpets will be covered by the tennis levy fund but we are planning to try to bring this work forward from the current planned dates of 2024 and 2026, so that we install the new lights and new surface at the same time