We started the project to convert courts 13 and 14 to artificial clay last week. The project is progressing well:
- The old astroturf has been lifted and removed
- Drainage holes have been drilled in the surface of the courts to ensure water drains away well
- New net posts have been installed
- New kerbing has been installed to ensure the green sand is retained within the courts
- Some ducting and wiring has been laid on courts 13 and 14 in preparation for the eventual replacement of the old metal halide floodlights on courts 9, 11 and 13.
- Over the last couple of days, a new layer of tarmac has been installed to even out the undulations in the courts. The new carpet will start to be laid on Friday.
The fencing between courts 11/12 and 13/14 will be replaced, so at points during the project courts 11 and 12 will be closed for tennis bookings.
There will be construction equipment and movement of materials on site so please be continue to be aware of your surroundings.
We will provide further updates as the project progresses. If you have any questions or spot any issues please contact David Killworth on 07802 788436