Sunday 31st May
If you develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 after visiting us, you should notify us immediately. Contact Tennis Chairman - Ruth Samuels on 07850-413863
Please do not make bookings or leave your home to use our facilities if Government advice means you should stay at home, for example because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus, or you are required to self-isolate following contact with someone who has (or is suspected of having) coronavirus.
- The LTA have confirmed that as from Monday 1st June doubles can be played with people from outside your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles. We are in the process of amending the booking system to accept four names. You must continue to follow the Tennis Guidelines for Play
- You may book a one hour session of play on the booking system. You may book another time to play after the previous session has been completed. We will review this after the floodlight installation is complete.
- We will continue to offer 1:1 coaching sessions. Although the LTA has now stated that coaching is allowed for up to five pupils, they have not confirmed the detailed guidelines. Please bear with us while Stuart Murray our Head Coach looks at 'best practices' and 'realistic options'. Aside from the number one priority of maintaining a safe environment for players and coaches alike, we must assess factors such as court space, coach availability and demand for groups at this time. Guidelines and recommendations are changing at great speed at present and we want to implement changes sensibly. Your patience and support at this time is very much appreciated.
- The physical installation of the floodlights is now complete, but there is some work which is required on court which will necessitate the use of the scaffold tower again. This work is to be carried out on Monday 1st June in the afternoon, and thus courts 1-6 have been blocked off from 3pm and courts 13-14 from 5pm. We will be able to open up the courts once the work has been completed. Testing will be carried out on Monday evening.
- Please ensure you have registered on the new court booking system in order to allow you to book courts and play tennis. See information on the 'Court Booking Guidance Page' of the website. Some people who have registered are not appearing in the drop-down list to be selected as an opponent. Please select 'Show name in opponent player selection list' on the 'My Consents' form, which can be found on the following menu option:
- You can bring guests to the club to play tennis - guidelines here. Please ensure that you write the name of the guest in the 'guest name' field on the booking system, and pay the guest fees promptly in order to be fair to members who have paid their subscriptions, and members who pay their guest fees
- You MUST book a court BEFORE you come to the club to play. We need to know who has been at the club and at what time, if required for tracing purposes.
- Our squash members cannot play squash at the moment, so we are allowing them to book to play tennis on courts 9-12. Their guidelines are here
Thank you for observing our key rules:
Book your court before you play
Maintain social distancing
And others on this Tennis Guidelines for Play web page - please read and continue to follow them
Thanks for continuing to allow us to play tennis safely
The full LTA guidelines can be found on the following link