AECC Tennis section is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/guardians associated with the Club should at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the Club with Jon Harari, Tennis Chairman.
As a member of AECC tennis section you are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules of tennis and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept judgments made by Committee members and officials.
- Support your childs involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Allow your child to play in the mini tennis colour stage that is appropriate to them. This will ensure they enjoy playing the game, develop their game , develop their skills and gain confidence.
- Purchase balls and rackets that match the stage your child is in.
- Be patient. Steady progression is unusual in children; peaks and plateaus are common.
- Your first question following any match should be 'did you enjoy it?' not 'Did you win?'
- At no stage should you communicate with your child or interfere with the on-court helpers and referees during a match - just enjoy the game and let officials take care of the rules!
Information for Parents/Guardians
- Please note that the Junior Tennis activities are strictly only available to Junior Tennis Members.
- A parent or Adult Guardian must be present at all times during their children's tennis activity and children collected from the Club at the end of a session.
- Membership and shoe tag checks will be undertaken throughout the season as standard Tennis club section practice.
- All Junior tennis members must adhere to the AECC Tennis dress code (please see bye laws section)