Thursday 5th November
- Sadly it has been confirmed that the national lockdown will include tennis. We have locked the courts today and there will be no access to the courts or clubhouse until after 2nd December.
- The LTA are continuing to petition the government and we will keep you up to date with any changes
- The Future.....
- While we are locked down we are still looking to the future
- Courts 1-3 will be resurfaced during December and we are trying to bring this work forward. Our contractor is working on another job throughout November and may only be able to commence our work a few days early
- Floodlights - Fund Raising for Courts 9-12 and New Lights on Courts 9, 11 and 13
When the sun goes down..... we switch on the lights.....
But some are better than others.........
Court 4..... Court 13......
So we are starting to raise funds to replace the old metal halide lights on courts 9, 11 and 13 with LED lights.
Details as follows:
- Project budget - £50k
- LED lights similar to those installed on courts 1, 2, 4, 5 and 14
- Half the running costs of current metal halide lights
- Minimal maintenance costs as each LED panel has ~50,000 hour life
- Our existing lights have served us well but are ageing.....
The cost of the carpets will be covered by the tennis levy fund but we are trying to plan to bring this work forward from the current planned dates of 2024 and 2026, so that we install the new lights and new surface at the same time
Help us to raise funds in the following ways - which are no cost to you:
Recycling Tennis Balls:
- Every ball put in the recycling bin is worth 30p to the club
- If each member recycled just 12 balls a year - we would recycle over 8000 balls and raise £2500 per year towards our fundraising target
- So during lockdown, please find all your old tennis balls and once we are open again, put all your old dry balls in the green recycling bins on courts 1, 4 and 9
Sign up to Easyfundraising:
- Each time you make a purchase from one of the 4300 participating companies, a donation is made to our project
- If each tennis member signed up to support our project, we could raise a major contribution to our project over the next few years...to date just 12 members have raised over £500 in the last three years
- You don't have to go through another web site - just shop as you normally would
- Click on the this link and click on the pink button 'Support this Cause' to register for Easyfundraising
o Choose a method of logging in - via Apple, Facebook or email......
o And then ensure you click on the 'Donation Reminder':
- LTA Awards
- We have been entering the LTA Awards since 2016 and have had great success. Read about the nominations made by the club - and during the next two weeks of lockdown, I'd encourage you to make your own nominations - details on the following page. Entries close on 15th November.
- These awards have really helped us to raise our profile within Cheshire tennis and within the regional and national LTA organisation. Local and county-wide tennis players are talking about our club and our wonderful facilities and this summer we had a visit from the LTA President, David Rawlinson
- The National 'Club of the Year' winner receives a £5k facilities grant! Something to aim for....
Stay safe over the lockdown period and I look forward to seeing everyone back on court as soon as possible
The full LTA guidelines can be found on the following link