Thursday 9th July
If you develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 after visiting us, you should notify us immediately. Contact Tennis Chairman - Ruth Samuels on 07850-413863
Please do not make bookings or leave your home to use our facilities if Government advice means you should stay at home, for example because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus, or you are required to self-isolate following contact with someone who has (or is suspected of having) coronavirus.
- AECC Tennis clothing is available to purchase - full details on the following web-page. Among other items, there are children's tennis shirts and hoodies as well as showerproof jackets which are essential in the current weather!
- Tennis balls are on sale at the bar - so if you come down to the club and need new balls - you know the place to go!
- Social Tennis - on July 1st the LTA clarified the rules about social tennis - sadly we are not able to re-commence our organised Wednesday and Saturday social tennis sessions yet, but as soon as we can, we will. This is what the LTA said:
- [NEW] While multiple group activity can take place side by side, larger group activity such as Club Nights, club mix-in sessions or Open Days that involve people interacting with others outside their group should not yet be held
- [NEW] Any individual groups should not interact with anyone outside of the group they are attending the venue with (e.g. players on another court or in a different coaching group)
- Summer Camps - We are not yet running tennis camps given the current LTA and government guidelines. We will run camps as soon as we feel we are able to do so in a safe and fun manner. The LTA have indicated that they expect to have news abut the ability to run larger groups soon. Further details are available here as to why we have taken the current decision.
- Friday 10th July and Saturday 11th July - 4-8pm - John Berry has organised for Vaniilla (the caterer's who provideed food at the last two tennis balls) to come and provide a 'pop-up' service at the club. John says "No need to book". Although the weather forecast is good, you might like to bring blankets etc to keep snuggly warm, as there is limited space inside the clubhouse. Details are shown below:
- And a reminder that Stuart Murray our Head Coach is active on Twitter - link below - do 'Follow' him
- And also I've provided some links to some of Stuart's lock-down videos - how could we forget these?
- Stuart - we loved your videos, but we love it even more now we can play at our wonderful tennis club:
Thank you for observing our key rules:
Book your court before you play
Maintain continue to maintain social distancing - especially now we have doubles being played on adjacent courts
And others on this Tennis Guidelines for Play web page - please read and continue to follow them
Thanks for continuing to allow us to play tennis safely
The full LTA guidelines can be found on the following link